To Know Christ, and to Make Christ Known
Online and In-Person Services and Evening Prayer
Christ Church has resumed in-person services with safety precautions in place. Everyone who attends a in-person service must have their temperature checked and must wear a mask during the service. If you and your family would like to attend, please sign up at https://reopen.church/r/Zkst53kb so we can allow for contact tracing. Before attending, please read the attendance and safety guidelines.
We have a live reading of Evening Prayer at 5:30 p.m. every day on our Facebook page. You do not need a Facebook account to watch the livestream. Please join us on Facebook to follow along in Evening Prayer.
Our virtual Sunday Worship Services are available on our YouTube channel and are posted each Saturday evening at 7 p.m. They are also posted to our Facebook page, and here on our website (scroll down) for you to watch at any time. If you would prefer to listen to the Sunday service as a podcast, you can find us on Google Play, iTunes, Player FM, and other popular podcast sites (Christ Episcopal Church Podcast, Springfield, MO).
OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19 AND OTHER NEWSCheck here for our latest updates to the ongoing COVID-19 virus and other important church related news.
Christ Church Reopens
Dear People of Christ Episcopal Church:
Bishop Field gave us approval to reopen Christ Church for worship. Our first service was held on Sunday, June 28, at 10 a.m.
We have a limited capacity of 40 for seating. We ask that you please reserve a seat ahead of time by visiting this link and picking your service date and time, and how many of you family will attend.
You may also call the church office at 417-866-5133 or 417-298-2185 (text preferred) and we will reserve a spot for you if we have openings.
Below are guidelines for you to follow when attending in-person worship. You may view the full reopening plan by clicking here.
● Limited seating will be available in the nave
● Those desiring to attend must reserve a place by visiting [reopen.church/r/Zkst53kb] and completing the online form or by contacting the church office
● Weekly Spiritual Communion services will continue to be posted and offered on the church’s social media sites
● Live Evening Prayer services will also continue to be offered on the church’s Facebook page
IN-PERSON SUNDAY SCHOOL
● Children will gather in the Parish Hall prior to the 10:00 am service. If the weather is nice, we may spend time outdoors.
● Masks will be worn at all times by all participants and social distancing will be maintained as practical.
● I (or another teacher) will lead the lesson and story for all of the children.
● The church service will be playing on the video screen in the background. While it will be muted for most of the service, the volume will be turned up and we will listen to the Gospel reading.
● Children will break into smaller groups with their Sunday school teacher and complete an activity or craft. We will stay in the Parish Hall or outdoors.
● At the Peace, parents will come into the Parish Hall and families will watch/listen to the Eucharistic prayer together.
● A priest will bring communion into the Parish Hall for families and Sunday school teachers. A hand-washing station will be available in the Parish Hall.
● Youth will be invited to attend and listen to the lesson and the Gospel. They will then be given the option of working on a project or assisting the children during the craft/activity period of Sunday school.
PLEASE STAY HOME IF
● You fall into a high-risk category (see link here) and you, in consultation with your doctor, determine that it is unsafe to attend in-person worship
● You have a cough, fever, or are feeling sick
● You suspect you might have contracted COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who has
● You feel uncomfortable returning to in-person worship
….and please join us in online worship
● Masks or face coverings must be worn (except for children under the age of two)
● Temperature checks will be taken upon entry into the building
● Members with a temperature above 100.3 will be asked to return home
● Sanitize hands when entering the building and prior to receiving communion
● Maintain physical distancing of at least six feet outside of family units
● Do not congregate for fellowship inside the building, and when outside maintain proper distancing
DURING THE SERVICE
● No congregational singing
● Bathrooms will be closed except for emergencies, and water fountains have been disabled
● Child care will not be available, but children are welcome to sit with their families in the worship space
● Physical contact outside of family units during the passing of the Peace and at other times is prohibited
● Will be offered in one-kind only (bread)
● Follow the directions of the ushers to approach and receive
● All participants, including the clergy, will wear masks or face coverings during communion
● After receiving the host, return to the seats before pulling down the mask to consume
● At the conclusion of the service, please exit the church when dismissed by the ushers
● Facebook: facebook.com/christepiscopalchurchmo
● YouTube: youtube.com/user/CECSpringfield
● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Telephone: 417.866.5133
Christ Episcopal Church Service Videos
You will find our most recent video here each week for those who would like to watch from the safety and comfort of their home. You can view all of our videos on our YouTube Channel by clicking here.
If you don't have a prayer book but would like to follow along, please click here.
The financial responsibilities and obligations of the church are still present during this crisis. Aside from mailing in pledge envelopes and checks, here are several ways in which you can continue to give.
Text the dollar amount you would like to give ($x.xx) to 1 (417) 815-5833 to make a one-time donation (smartphone only).
Download the “EasyTithe Giving” App from the Google Play or Apple Store. With this app, you can make a one-time donation or a recurring donation. Our church is Christ Episcopal Church, and the zip code is 65806-2419 (must be exact). Some members have reported issues with this app on iOS (Apple phones).
Donating online is both simple and secure using our easyTithe portal. From this portal, you can make a one-time donation, or create an account to set up a recurring donation. For questions on how you can give, please contact our Parish Administrator, Sheila McGinn, at 866-5133 or email@example.com.
Garden Watering: Calling all Garden Guild members (or any other volunteers); would you be able to visit Christ Church a few times a week to help with watering the Garden Area while Mary and Kathy are on vacation? If so, please contact Kathy Sheppard at 861-9971 or Mary Christiano at 860-1718.
The Next Ultreya meeting will be held via Zoom on September 11 beginning at 6:30 p.m. Details on the Zoom link and the program will be forwarded at a later date. For more information on Ultreya please contact Bruce Prater at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday at 10 a.m. Reserve a seat by clicking this link: https://reopen.church/r/Zkst53kb. You may also call the church office at 866-5133 or 417-298-2185. Temperature checks will be administered, and masks are required for worship. For more information, please visit our website at ChristEpiscopalChurch.com. You can also download the in-person worship bulletin at https://christepiscopalchurch.com/bulletins/ and will find it at the bottom of the page.
Sunday Ante-Communion Services, Posted each Saturday evening at 7 p.m. to our YouTube channel, Facebook page, and website.
Evening Prayer, live each evening at 5:30 p.m. on our Facebook page.
Sewing Guild Update: Cox hospital has asked our Sewing Guild for help with constructing masks for children who will attend the Meyer Center for school. We will continue to need donations of fabric. The Sewing Guild will also begin construction of singers masks for children in the Ozark school system. The Cox Foundation and all of our Sewing Guild members thank you for all your donations, help, and prayers. If you would like to leave a donation of fabric please contact the church office at 866-5133 or email email@example.com.
Rare Breed will continue to distribute sack lunches through July and August. Suggestions are as follows: single-serve/ pop-top entrees – canned chicken, canned tuna, microwave pasta, yogurt, Vienna sausage, single-serve tuna with crackers; soft granola bars, fruit cups, fresh fruit, trail mix, ramen noodles, chips, drinks – anything besides water, and any creative idea you come up with. If possible, please try and avoid peanut butter & jelly (least favorite).
Safe to Sleep Safe to Sleep is looking for several people to fill new staff positions. Please join us not only in prayer but in action by taking just one minute to see if you know someone who would fit. There are full or part-time paid positions, overnight hours but also time to sleep part of the night. We are looking for people who are caring, gentle, and good with people. A professional demeanor and basic computer skills are required. Group management skills are a plus. For more information, please visit http://ccozarks.org/safetosleep/ or contact Jane Mellers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-861-2443.
Reaching the Church Office: You may contact the church office a (417) 866-5133 and leave a voicemail. If no one is available, you can also reach the office by calling (417) 298-2185.
Giving: The needs of the church are still present. If you would like to give, you may continue to send in your pledge envelopes or checks. On our website, you can give online easily through our easyTithe Giving App, via text message, or by using our easyTithe web portal. These can be found on our homepage or at https://christepiscopalchurch.com/give/.
Email Blasts: If you are not signed up for our email blasts, please do so. Contact the church office at 866-5133 or (417) 298-2185, or email email@example.com. If you have signed up, but are no longer receiving our emails, your email provider might have auto flagged us as spam. Contact us by phone or email and we might be able to help.
Follow the Greene County Health Department: We highly encourage you to visit their website at https://www.springfieldmo.gov/2853/Health. You can also follow them on social media.
Exodus 3:1-15 or Jeremiah 15:15-21
FACEBOOK NEWS FEEDS
CHRIST CHURCH WELCOMES YOU
Christ Episcopal Church Welcomes All People.
We welcome you to participate fully in worship, fellowship, and service opportunities – regardless of your race, age, sex, national origin, marital or family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, level of education, religious background, or political viewpoint. Regardless of your background or identity, we believe that you are made in the image of God, and we are excited to welcome you to Christ Episcopal Church.
The Diocese of West Missouri
The Right Rev. Martin S. Field, Bishop
The Episcopal Church
The Most Rev. Michael B. Curry, Presiding Bishop